Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Why You Have to Set Mini Goals

I just finished my weekly Skype call with one of my SPX clients (we'll call her Amy). Amy told me she had good news and bad news to report. I asked for the good news first. She said that she went to the gym 2x this week. (Amy HATES the gym and has anxiety about working out in public due to her insecurities with her body.) I was so proud! Then she said, "but I didn't really do much..." 

I stopped her right there. Anytime you make time for exercise, CELEBRATE! Going from a sedentary lifestyle to a regular exercise routine takes time. It will not happen overnight.

Make a list of all the things you want to do to live a healthier lifestyle. As you accomplish each one (an accomplishment is doing it on a regular basis, most of the time), cross it off your list. So if you make it to the gym 2x/week for 3 weeks, cross it off your list. You are now a regular exerciser!

You have to set mini goals or else your end goal will seem to big to reach. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you fully transform your lifestyle, one mini-goal at a time.

Be well! What do you want to celebrate?

Yours in Health,
Coach Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment