Monday, September 29, 2014

Real Women, Real Struggles, Real Inspiration

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been working on lots of projects that will help me be a better fitness and wellness coach for you, my loyal readers and followers. It has always been my goal with this blog to help coach you to live your best life, not anyone else's.

Starting this week, I'm rolling out a new series, titled "Real Women, Real Struggles, Real Inspiration." Every two weeks you'll hear from one of four phenomenal women who have entrusted me with their biggest fears, body image issues, fitness and nutrition woes and life situations that they fight to not deter them from their ultimate goals: to be the healthiest woman they can be.  That said, this isn't just a series for women, men can benefit too.  As I was reminded by one of these women, whom I'll introduce below, men struggle with body image and are a lot of times not represented adequately.

These women are friends of mine who I've come to know from all stages and phases of my life: my childhood, my past career and my current career.  They are all remarkable and different, and I can't wait for you to get to know them.  

These women, like many others, are trying to find balance in their lives. I think you can never have enough strong women in your life to relate to and learn from.  I also think the more we have open dialogue about our fears and insecurities, the more united we'll be come. 

Now, let's meet the ladies!

Inspiring Woman #1 
Brittany Arroyo - Certified Personal Trainer and All-Around Bad-Ass


Brittany is an ACSM-certified personal trainer.  She has transformed her mind and body with the power of weightlifting.  She is an incredible woman of character and strength, and I can't wait for you to get to know her.  Brittany was very candid with me about her past eating disorder and how it still affects her today.  She's now a very strong and fit woman, but still struggles with body image.  I think you'll learn that trainers are human, too, and it's ok to not be perfect because no one is. 

Like Brittany on Facebook




Inspiring Woman #2
Perri G - Wife, Mother and Full-Time Chauffeur

Perri became a mom at age 40.  Blessed beyond measure, she struggles with having time to workout, eat well and achieve balance with her mom, wife and work duties.  I think a lot of people can really relate to Perri's story.  She and her husband are trying to be good examples of self-love and healthy body image to their son.  I hope to help Perri find solutions for her busy life, and in turn, help you make exercise and meal planning a priority in your own life.






Inspiring Woman #3
Carolyn J - Wife, Mom and Overcomer of "Mommy Guilt"


Carolyn completely overhauled the way she and her family eats.  Then, she fell in love with the gym and started getting stronger and seeing the changes in her body.  She struggles with wanting to spend as much time as possible with her husband and two sons, and exercising, something that brings her peace and stress relief.  We'll also discuss Carolyn's challenges with avoiding boredom with healthy eating and not putting so much pressure on herself to be perfect.






Inspiring Woman #4
Barbara L - Southern Belle, Loving Wife, 
Awesome Grandma

Barbara lives with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Hypothyroidism, which has caused her to gain weight.  Additionally, she has chronic nerve pain that makes cardio exercise painful.  I hope to help Barbara find exercises she can do, as well as live a life she enjoys with food she loves, while still achieving her weight loss goals. 











Can't wait to share and discuss so many hot topics with you all.    Together, we can live our best lives and support and encourage one another.

Yours in health,
Stephanie 





No comments:

Post a Comment